Wednesday, November 24, 2010 by Gary Katzer
Copyright:© 2010 Horizon Hobby, Inc.
ParkZone planes are some of the most popular for many reasons. From their great looks, historically accurate livery, RTF, BNF or PNP completion levels and great flight characteristics, the ParkZone warbirds are great planes. The Modding community has also embraced the ParkZone warbirds and you can see countless planes that have been modified with flaps, repainted or even have had retracts installed. While this is great and we love to see custom projects, we’ve also heard many requests from pilots to make adding options, such as retracts and flaps, even easier. The design team at ParkZone has heard the call and announced the next generation of Z-foam warbirds in the P-47D Thunderbolt.
While the new features such as the optional flaps and optional retracts are cool, this is a very neat plane right out of the box and doesn’t require any modification to be a great flyer. The Thunderbolt includes a new 2200mAh, 25C 3S Li-Po battery, E-flite 30-amp Brushless ESC, 15-size motor and Spektrum AR600 receiver making it, arguably, the most capable warbird ParkZone has ever produced. Matt Andren is one of the lead designers for ParkZone and joined us in-studio to talk about the features of this outstanding bird. We can’t wait to be able to test- fly one ourselves and, after listening to Matt, we’re sure you’ll feel the same way.
• Available in BNF or PNP Completion Levels
• Durable and lightweight Z-Foam™ construction
• Full 4-channel control – throttle, aileron, elevator and rudder
• E-flite® 30A Pro brushless ESC installed
• Powerful 15-size brushless outrunner motor installed
• 3S 11.1V 2200mAh 25C Li-Po battery and balancing charger included (BNF-only)
• Includes removable fixed landing gear and steerable tail wheel
• E-flite Electric Retracts ready (retracts sold separately - EFLG100)
• Optional flap control (requires two servos - sold separately)
• Spektrum™ 2.4GHz DSM2™ AR600 full range 6-channel receiver installed (BNF-only)
• Includes clear protective belly skid for gear-off landings
• Ready to fly in minutes